Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 
Just got back from a tattoo session and the red shading in Kintaro is complete. I'll post a pic in a few days. Now that we're nearing completion of my back, I'm trying to pick up the pace of my appointments - which should put quite a strain on my wallet. It doesn't help that I bought 3 ukiyo-e prints and 1 Persian miniature painting in the past few weeks. My art addiction is getting bad :).

Oh, and I noticed that the area with red ink took a bit longer to heal than normal. I hear this is common with red pigments. This may be because red dyes often contain mercury, cadmium or other rather nasty metals. I found a great article on the possible medical complications associated with tattoos and various inks here. I guess modern tattoo dyes tend to be less toxic than tattoo dyes of old, but it still makes me wonder how much artists at your local tattoo shop pay attention to that sort of thing...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?