Monday, December 15, 2003

 
So Saddam has been captured. Something tells me this recent development won't do much in the way of calming the insurgency in Iraq, but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I hope it was enlightening for the Iraqi people to see the man they feared so much cowering in his rabbit hole.

Here's a great gift idea for the kids. Discovery's home DNA Sequencer is sure to be a hit with the little ones. Does that scare anyone else??

If you aren't familiar with Conway's Life simulation, check out this website. With a few simple rules, this simulation actual churns out some interesting patterns. Try a few of the patterns given to you in the drop-down menu, like "Glider" or "Exploder". Dennett attempts to use this simple world to show that "evitability" or avoidance can evolve in even very simple deterministic universes. Something about his argument strikes me as pretty fishy though...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?